Brightwell Aquatics Ferrion liquid Iron supplement for the marine aquarium / refugium is a highly concentrated and stable iron solution for supplementing aquaria containing hermatypic organisms (i.e. "photosynthetic" or zooxanthellate corals, clams, and their allies), macroalgae, coralline algae, mangroves, and other desirable marine algae and plants.
Brightwell Aquatics Ferrion Liquid Iron Supplement Sizes 250ml / 500ml
• Particularly suited to marine plantes marine aquarium systems with macroalgae either in the display tank or refugium
• Stronger than most competing products
• Composed of purified water and ultra-high purity materials
• Formulated by a marine scientist.
- Shake well before using
- Add 5 ml (1 capful) of product per 189 liter of aquarium water every other day or as needed to maintain the iron concentration within a range of 0.05 - 0.10 ppm
- When used in this fashion, 250 ml treats up to 29,464 L
- Determine the iron concentration in the aquarium using an accurate test kit before supplementing.
- Shake well before using
- Each ml of Ferrion will increase the concentration of iron in 3.785 L of water by 1 ppm
- It is advisable to ensure that the concentration of phosphate does not exceed 0.05 ppm in the aquarium to be dosed with an iron supplement.
- If the initial Iron in the aquarium is below 0.10 ppm, add this product at the maximum rate of 10 ml per 75 liter daily until the desired concentration is attained, then dose daily or weekly as needed (see below).
- Always attempt to maintain the Iron concentration within a range of +/-0.02 ppm.
- To determine the dosing rate of this product once the desired Iron concentration has been acquired, measure the daily rate of Iron uptake (i.e. the decrease in iron) in your aquarium by measuring the aquarium`s Iron concentration at the same time each day over a one- to two-week period.
- To determine the daily dosing rate (preferable to weekly dosing) for iron maintenance: estimate the volume of water in the entire aquarium system; multiply this number by the volume of water in the system to get the daily dosage required (ml) to maintain a stable Iron concentration.
- Daily dosing maintains a more stable Iron concentration (and more natural environment) than dosing weekly, in which the Iron concentration spikes just after dosing and then gradually decreases throughout the course of the week.
Keep out of reach from children, not for human consumption.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We want you to be fully happy with your new macroalgae addition. Therefore we offer you a hassle free Satisfaction Guarantee.
If you are not 100% happy with the macroalgae you have received on arrival we will refund you the full money back. *1
We even will cover the return costs. The refund will be offered after we arrived and checked the returned marine algae.
*1 = Valid for UK Orders only, please see our Terms for EU orders HERE
PREMIUM QUALITY GUARANTEE
We offer for sale macroalgae from our mature macroalgae mother colonies in a premium quality & 100% healthy within the UK and EU.
All live algae species are sustainably grown in the UK.
All macroalgae will be well protected when posted to you to ensure that it will arrive in the best condition at yours.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We won't be beaten on the premium quality of our live algae cultures, and surely not on the price either!
Have you seen the same macroalgae somewhere else cheaper?
Please just send us a message HERE and we will check your request within 24 hours ( working days only ).
When we can match the other price we will send you a discounted offer which will be valid for the next 7 days after receiving our email.
This offer will be just valid for purchases using the same email address provided before.
The price match offer is only valid for identical, same size/amount and available macroalgae species.
As a proud UK based tax paying business, we don't price match any offers against auction sites or from private sellers.
The price match offer is just valid for UK deliveries. We reserve the right to refuse a price match request.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Your Livealgae UK
Excellent Product1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
I had a problem growing chaetomorpha in my tank with a good grow light. Manfred recommended trying to add iron and it worked. The Chaeto grows like crazy now.