BRIGHTWELL Magnesion - Liquid Magnesium Supplement 250ml / 500ml
- Highly-concentrated ionic magnesium solution.
- Provides magnesium, which helps regulate the balance between calcium and carbonates in aquarium water, and is a component of aragonite, the mineral secreted by reef-building organisms such as corals, clams, and their allies to form skeletal material.
- Stronger than most competing products.
- Contains no unwanted organic material such as EDTA, gluconate, or polyglyconate.
- Basic: Shake product well before using.
- Add 5 ml (1 capful) of product per 75 L of aquarium water every other day or as needed to maintain the magnesium concentration within a range of 1,290 - 1,320 ppm. When used in this fashion, 250 ml treats up to 3.785 L.
- Advanced: Shake product well before using.
- Determine the magnesium concentration in the aquarium using an accurate test kit before supplementing.
- Each ml of Magnesion will increase the concentration of magnesium (“[Mg2+]”) in 3,785 L of water by 26 ppm.
- If the initial [Mg2+] in the aquarium is below 1,288 ppm, add this product at the maximum rate of 10 ml per 75 L daily until the desired concentration is attained, then dose daily or weekly as needed (see below). Always try to maintain the [Mg2+] within a range of +/-10 ppm.
- To determine the dosing rate of this product once the desired [Mg2+] has been acquired, measure the daily rate of magnesium uptake (i.e. the decrease in magnesium) in your aquarium by measuring the aquarium's [Mg2+] at the same time each day over a one- to two-week period.
- To determine the daily dosing rate (preferable to weekly dosing) for magnesium maintenance: estimate the volume of water in the entire aquarium system; divide the daily decrease in [Mg2+] by 26; multiply this number by the volume of water in the system to get the daily dosage required (ml) to maintain a stable [Mg2+].
- Daily dosing maintains a more stable [Mg2+] (and more natural environment) than dosing weekly, in which the [Mg2+] spikes just after dosing and then gradually decreases throughout the course of the week.
Magnesium plays a vital role in reef aquaria: it helps maintain calcium and carbonate (composing the majority of measurable alkalinity) concentrations by limiting unwanted inorganic precipitation with each other. In the absence of adequate magnesium ions, calcium and carbonate ions bond rapidly, depleting their concentrations in the system and creating the false impression that heavier supplementation is required to re-establish the desired concentrations. No matter how much calcium is added, its natural seawater concentration of 412 ppm will never be sustained until the magnesium concentration begins to approach 1,290 ppm. Once the balance between calcium and magnesium has been established, subsequent calcium supplementation yields immediate positive results. Keeping magnesium within a range of 1,290-1,320 ppm will maintain the desired balance, and provides enough of the element to reef-building organisms for the formation of aragonite (~0.10% Mg by weight).
The rate at which magnesium is extracted from the water is determined by the stocking density of reef-building livestock, type of lighting, and other conditions; therefore, each aquarium will have different requirements for the rate of magnesium supplementation. Once the rate of magnesium uptake in the aquarium has been determined, the proper dosing rate of this product can be easily calculated. It is recommended that a quality salt mix with the proper (not augmented) alkalinity and concentrations of major, minor, and trace elements be used to establish natural seawater parameters in the reef aquarium, providing a stable ionic foundation on which to build.
Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Magnesium (min) 2,959 mg/oz. (100,000 ppm)
Purified water, Magnesium sulfate, Magnesium chloride
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We want you to be fully happy with your new macroalgae addition. Therefore we offer you a hassle free Satisfaction Guarantee.
If you are not 100% happy with the macroalgae you have received on arrival we will refund you the full money back. *1
We even will cover the return costs. The refund will be offered after we arrived and checked the returned marine algae.
*1 = Valid for UK Orders only, please see our Terms for EU orders HERE
PREMIUM QUALITY GUARANTEE
We offer for sale macroalgae from our mature macroalgae mother colonies in a premium quality & 100% healthy within the UK and EU.
All live algae species are sustainably grown in the UK.
All macroalgae will be well protected when posted to you to ensure that it will arrive in the best condition at yours.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We won't be beaten on the premium quality of our live algae cultures, and surely not on the price either!
Have you seen the same macroalgae somewhere else cheaper?
Please just send us a message HERE and we will check your request within 24 hours ( working days only ).
When we can match the other price we will send you a discounted offer which will be valid for the next 7 days after receiving our email.
This offer will be just valid for purchases using the same email address provided before.
The price match offer is only valid for identical, same size/amount and available macroalgae species.
As a proud UK based tax paying business, we don't price match any offers against auction sites or from private sellers.
The price match offer is just valid for UK deliveries. We reserve the right to refuse a price match request.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Your Livealgae UK