BRIGHTWELL Calcion - Liquid Calcium Supplement 250ml / 500ml
- Highly-concentrated ionic calcium solution.
- Increases the concentration of calcium in marine aquarium water to provide corals and other reef-building invertebrates with one of the most important elements required for growth.
- Is ionic rather than chelated, and contains no unwanted organic material such as EDTA, gluconate, or polyglyconate.
- Over 50% stronger than most competing products.
- Free of phosphate, silicate, and organic material.
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
- Basic: Shake the product well before using.
- Add 5 ml (1 capful) of product per 189 L of aquarium water every other day or as needed to maintain the calcium concentration within a range of 412 - 450 ppm.
- When used in this fashion, 250 ml treats up to 9,464 L
- Advanced: Shake the product well before using.
- Determine the calcium concentration in the aquarium using an accurate test kit before supplementing.
- Each ml of Calcion will increase the concentration of calcium (“[Ca2+]”) in 3.785 L of water by approximately 40 ppm. If the initial [Ca2+] in the aquarium is below 412 ppm, add this product at the maximum rate of 10 ml per 75 L daily until the desired calcium concentration is attained, then dose daily or weekly as needed (see below).
- Always try to maintain the [Ca2+] within a range of +/-10 ppm. To determine the dosing rate of this product once the desired [Ca2+] has been acquired, measure the daily rate of calcium uptake (i.e. the decrease in calcium) in your aquarium by measuring the [Ca2+] at the same time each day over a one- to two-week period.
- To determine the daily dosing rate (preferable to weekly dosing) for calcium maintenance: estimate the volume of water in the entire aquarium system; divide the daily decrease in [Ca2+] by 40; multiply this number by the volume of water in the system to get the daily dosage required (ml) to maintain a stable [Ca2+]. Daily dosing maintains a more stable [Ca2+] (and more natural environment) than dosing weekly, in which the [Ca2+] spikes just after dosing and then gradually decreases throughout the course of the week.
Calcium is one of the most prevalent ions in seawater, and is required for the formation of aragonite, the skeletal material of reef-building invertebrates such as corals, clams, tube worms, and their respective allies. In seawater, calcium is present at a concentration of approximately 412 ppm; in reef aquaria, maintaining calcium within a range of 412 - 450 ppm will enable corals and other reef-building invertebrates to grow rapidly when all other physical and chemical requirements are met. [Magnesium, strontium, and carbonate ions are also complexed into aragonite, and their importance in a reef aquarium cannot be overstated.] The rate at which calcium is extracted from the water is determined by the stocking density of reef-building livestock, type of lighting, and other biological, physical, and chemical conditions; therefore, each aquarium will have different requirements for the rate of calcium supplementation. Once the rate of calcium uptake in the aquarium has been determined (see opposite), the proper dosing rate of this product can be easily calculated. It is recommended that a quality salt mix with the proper (not augmented) alkalinity and concentrations of major, minor, and trace elements be used to establish natural seawater parameters in the reef aquarium, providing a stable ionic foundation on which to build.
Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Calcium (min) 150,000 ppm
Purified water, Calcium chloride
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We want you to be fully happy with your new macroalgae addition. Therefore we offer you a hassle free Satisfaction Guarantee.
If you are not 100% happy with the macroalgae you have received on arrival we will refund you the full money back. *1
We even will cover the return costs. The refund will be offered after we arrived and checked the returned marine algae.
*1 = Valid for UK Orders only, please see our Terms for EU orders HERE
PREMIUM QUALITY GUARANTEE
We offer for sale macroalgae from our mature macroalgae mother colonies in a premium quality & 100% healthy within the UK and EU.
All live algae species are sustainably grown in the UK.
All macroalgae will be well protected when posted to you to ensure that it will arrive in the best condition at yours.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We won't be beaten on the premium quality of our live algae cultures, and surely not on the price either!
Have you seen the same macroalgae somewhere else cheaper?
Please just send us a message HERE and we will check your request within 24 hours ( working days only ).
When we can match the other price we will send you a discounted offer which will be valid for the next 7 days after receiving our email.
This offer will be just valid for purchases using the same email address provided before.
The price match offer is only valid for identical, same size/amount and available macroalgae species.
As a proud UK based tax paying business, we don't price match any offers against auction sites or from private sellers.
The price match offer is just valid for UK deliveries. We reserve the right to refuse a price match request.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Your Livealgae UK