Brightwell Aquatics Kalk+2 contains calcium, magnesium & strontium in the same ionic ratios found in aragonite. This unique feature increases the usefulness of Kalk+2 to reef-building invertebrates such as corals, clams, calcareous macro algae, etc.
Brightwell Aquatics Kalk+2 100g / 225g / 450g Bag
- Provides temporary alkalinity and helps maintain pH within the desired range when used as directed.
- Adds no conservative elements, such as chloride, to the aquarium.
- Improves upon the industry-standard powdered calcium supplement over the past three decades.
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
- Kalk+2 is intended for use by experienced hobbyists who are familiar with kalkwasser (calcium hydroxide-based) products.
- The calcium concentration (”[Ca2+]”) and pH in the aquarium should be determined by using an accurate test kit prior to supplementing.
- Do not add this product directly to an aquarium without diluting in water as directed, and do not overdose; it must be added in a controlled fashion with a dosing device.
- Create a stock solution by dissolving 6 grams (~1 tsp) of Kalk+2 in 3.785 L of fresh water (preferably purified) and allowing at least one hour for any settling to occur, each ml of the saturated solution will increase the [Ca2+] in 3.785 L of water by 2.3 ppm, strontium concentration by 0.04 ppm, and magnesium concentration by 0.06 ppm.
- Decant only the clear solution into the aquarium.
- Discard any sediment.
- This decanted solution must then be dosed/dripped into the aquarium at such a rate that salinity does not fall below 1.021 g/cm3 and pH does not increase by more than 0.1 every hour, nor is it ever allowed to exceed a value of 8.5.
- Dosing at night when pH in a reef aquarium is naturally depressed is often performed to avoid exceeding the maximum allowable pH value.
- If the [Ca2+] in an aquarium is gradually dropping despite using this product as directed, the rate of evaporation may be insufficient or pH may be too high to dose sufficient calcium to compensate for the rate of removal by reef-building aquarium inhabitants and/or undesirable chemical reactions. In this case, a secondary calcium supplement may be needed to occasionally re-establish the natural seawater concentration of calcium in the aquarium.
Calcium, magnesium, and strontium are required for the formation of aragonite, the skeletal material of reef-building invertebrates such as corals, clams, tube worms, and their respective allies. Brightwell Aquatics Kalk+2 provides these elements and may also be used to help regulate pH in reef aquaria. Kalk+2 does not contain chloride salts, which is a strong point for some hobbyists. The use of kalkwasser-type products remains very popular with many seasoned hobbyists, regardless of innovations in calcium-delivery methods.
Calcium hydroxide is a caustic material; if inhaled, remove to fresh air, and in case of contact flush skin and/or eyes with fresh water for 15 minutes. Drink 16-oz. fruit juice if swallowed and seek immediate medical attention. Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Calcium (min) 54.20% (542,000 ppm), Strontium (min) 1.00% (10,000 ppm), Magnesium (min) 0.15% (1,500 ppm)
Calcium hydroxide, Strontium hydroxide, Magnesium hydroxide
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We want you to be fully happy with your new macroalgae addition. Therefore we offer you a hassle free Satisfaction Guarantee.
If you are not 100% happy with the macroalgae you have received on arrival we will refund you the full money back. *1
We even will cover the return costs. The refund will be offered after we arrived and checked the returned marine algae.
*1 = Valid for UK Orders only, please see our Terms for EU orders HERE
PREMIUM QUALITY GUARANTEE
We offer for sale macroalgae from our mature macroalgae mother colonies in a premium quality & 100% healthy within the UK and EU.
All live algae species are sustainably grown in the UK.
All macroalgae will be well protected when posted to you to ensure that it will arrive in the best condition at yours.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We won't be beaten on the premium quality of our live algae cultures, and surely not on the price either!
Have you seen the same macroalgae somewhere else cheaper?
Please just send us a message HERE and we will check your request within 24 hours ( working days only ).
When we can match the other price we will send you a discounted offer which will be valid for the next 7 days after receiving our email.
This offer will be just valid for purchases using the same email address provided before.
The price match offer is only valid for identical, same size/amount and available macroalgae species.
As a proud UK based tax paying business, we don't price match any offers against auction sites or from private sellers.
The price match offer is just valid for UK deliveries. We reserve the right to refuse a price match request.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Your Livealgae UK