Brightwell Aquatics Chaeto Gro is a multi-nutrients fertilizer designed for the marine aquarium. It is free of copper, phosphate and nitrate, providing all nutrients for an improved macroalgae growth of for example chaeto / chaetomorpha and caulerpa, but of course of all other macro algae species as well.
For a healthy macroalgae growth we recommend to keep at least a Nitrate concentration of 2 ppm and a Phosphate concentration of 0.02 ppm. If necessary you can raise them safely with NeoNitro and NeoPhos.
BRIGHTWELL Aquatics Chaeto Gro - Macroalgae Fertiliser 250ml / 500ml
- For all marine aquariums & ULNS systems
- Shrimp & Invertebrate safe
- Phosphate & Nitrate free
- Provides 13 elements critical to long-term health, growth, and coloration of aquatic plants
- Well-suited to ULNS aquariums and designed for nutrient control of phosphates and nitrates by chaetomorpha uptake
- Formulated utilizing extensive research on aquatic macroalgae nutrient requirements
Nutrients are substances required by algae for survival; they are collectively involved in all aspects of the biological and chemical reactions that allow algae to function properly. Brightwell Aquatics ChaetoGro provides these substances in concentrations found by researchers to be necessary for long-term health. These elements, and some of the processes that they are involved in, are:
Potassium - Protein synthesis, water and charge balance, enzyme activation.
Boron - Chlorophyll production, flowering, root growth, cell function.
Carbon - Required for all organic compounds.
Calcium - Cell wall stability and permeability, enzyme activation, cell response to stimuli.
Chlorine - Water and charge balance, photosynthesis.
Iron - Required for photosynthesis, component of enzymes utilized in redox reactions.
Magnesium - Component of chlorophyll, enzyme activation.
Manganese - Formation of amino acids, enzyme activation.
Molybdenum and Cobalt - Required for nitrate reduction.
Nickel - Enzyme activation, processing of nitrogenous material.
Sulfur - Component of proteins and the coenzymes that are involved with nutrient utilization and growth.
Zinc - Chlorophyll production, enzyme activation.
ChaetoGro does not contain phosphorus or nitrogen
- ChaetoGro will help establish water chemistry conducive to long-term chaetomorpha health and growth, helping it to efficiently control unwanted nutrients in the system, such as phosphate and nitrate.
- Shake product well before using.
- Basic: For the first 2 weeks of use, add 5ml (1 capful) of product per 75.7L of aquarium volume twice each week; increase dosage thereafter depending upon perceived nutrient needs of chaeto macro algae.
- When used in this fashion, 500 ml treats up to 7,600 L
- Daily dosing is recommended, as it maintains a more stable and natural environment than dosing weekly, in which nutrient concentrations spike just after dosing and then gradually decrease throughout the course of the week.
- To dose daily, add 6 drops per 75.7L per day; adjust dosing volume after one week in accordance with appearance of algae and perceived need for nutrients.
- Important: Brightwell recommends the use of MicroBacter7 and Reef Bio Fuel or Katalyst to maintain proper carbon levels for the Chaeto, as well as proper bacterial function in the system.
- For proper Chaeto growth we recommends that the hobbyist maintain a minimum of 0.02 ppm phosphate and 3 to 5 ppm nitrates in the reef aquarium system. If levels fall below these values, proper nutrient control will not efficiently occur. If the levels are low, use NeoPhos or NeoNitro as directed on their labels, as necessary to bring them up to the proper level.
Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
0-0-1.30; Potassium (K) as Soluble Potash (K2O) (min) 1.30%; Boron 0.009%; Carbon 0.005%; Calcium 0.14%; Chlorine 0.39%; Cobalt 0.0004%; Iron 0.1%; Magnesium 0.4%; Manganese 0.0475%; Molybdenum 0.004%; Sulfur 0.16%; Zinc 0.002%.
Sources of Nutrients
Potassium sulfate, Calcium chloride, Magnesium sulfate, Potassium iodide, Iron EDTA, Zinc sulfate, Manganese chloride, Sodium tetraborate, Cobalt chloride, Sodium molybdate.
Purified water, Nickel chloride.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We want you to be fully happy with your new macroalgae addition. Therefore we offer you a hassle free Satisfaction Guarantee.
If you are not 100% happy with the macroalgae you have received on arrival we will refund you the full money back. *1
We even will cover the return costs. The refund will be offered after we arrived and checked the returned marine algae.
*1 = Valid for UK Orders only, please see our Terms for EU orders HERE
PREMIUM QUALITY GUARANTEE
We offer for sale macroalgae from our mature macroalgae mother colonies in a premium quality & 100% healthy within the UK and EU.
All live algae species are sustainably grown in the UK.
All macroalgae will be well protected when posted to you to ensure that it will arrive in the best condition at yours.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We won't be beaten on the premium quality of our live algae cultures, and surely not on the price either!
Have you seen the same macroalgae somewhere else cheaper?
Please just send us a message HERE and we will check your request within 24 hours ( working days only ).
When we can match the other price we will send you a discounted offer which will be valid for the next 7 days after receiving our email.
This offer will be just valid for purchases using the same email address provided before.
The price match offer is only valid for identical, same size/amount and available macroalgae species.
As a proud UK based tax paying business, we don't price match any offers against auction sites or from private sellers.
The price match offer is just valid for UK deliveries. We reserve the right to refuse a price match request.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Your Livealgae UK
Chaeto Booster3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
My Chaeto was not growing and was slowly falling apart. Tried dosing Nitrate and more feeding but didn\'t helped. After adding Chaetogro it grows like there is not tomorrow. Super green and much stronger. Now I have to clean my macroalgae reactor every 2 weeks vs once every 6-8 weeks Good product and will order again.