Brightwell Coralline Algae Accelerator - Nutrients for rapid coralline algae growth in all marine aquariums & reef tanks. This will help to improve the growth of coralline algae. If coralline algae is not present in the aquarium, it will need to be seeded first.
Brightwell Coralline Algae Accelerator 250ml / 500ml
- Complete source of the elements and molecules that are directly used by coralline algae, as well as corals, clams, and other reef-building invertebrates
- Provides calcium, strontium, magnesium, and potassium in approximately the same ratios* in which they occur in aragonite.
- Very strong source of carbonates (derived from aragonite), the other important group of ions involved in aragonite formation.
- Increases alkalinity to help stabilize pH.
- Stronger than competing products.
- May be used as an inexpensive alternative to automated calcium reactor systems with similar results.
- Free of phosphate, silicate, and organic material.
- Shake product well before using.
- Add 10 ml (2 capfuls) of product per 189.2 L of aquarium water every other day or as needed to maintain the calcium concentration within a range of 412 - 450 ppm.
- When used in this fashion, 500 ml treats up to 9,450 L.
- Coralline Accelerator may temporarily cloud aquarium water after addition, therefore it is recommended that the product be dosed in the late evening.
- Determine the calcium concentration in the aquarium using an accurate test kit before supplementing.
- Shake this product well before each use.
- Each ml of Coralline Accelerator will increase the concentration of calcium (“[Ca2+]”) in 3.785 L of water by approximately 20 ppm.
- If the initial [Ca2+] in the aquarium is below 412 ppm, add this product at the maximum rate of 20 ml per 113.5 L daily until the desired calcium concentration is attained, then dose daily or weekly as needed (see below).
- Always try to maintain the [Ca2+] within a range of +/-10 ppm.
EZ Calculations: Multiply tank capacity in us gallons x ppm increase desired x .05047 = ml of product to add. Example to raise the concentration of calcium in a 50 gallon aquarium by 2 ppm, the calculation is: 50 x 2 x .05047 = 5.047 ml or about one capful. (a capful is 5 ml).
The active components of Coralline Accelerator are provided by a combination of sources and include natural aragonite, increasing the solubility of the solution and the effectiveness of the method. Silicate- and phosphate-free. Examples of reef-building organisms familiar to hobbyists are: coralline algae, stony corals and their allies; molluscs including clams (bivalves) and snails (gastropods); tube worms that secrete calcareous burrows; and other calcareous macro algae such as Halimeda, and Penicillus. These organisms require that the components of aragonite be in adequate concentrations if they are to thrive, regardless of how perfect the remainder of their environment is. The advantage to this method of supplementation is that one product may be used to establish and maintain water parameters conducive to reef formation.
Note that target ion-specific supplementation may be called for in some aquaria, depending upon stocking density of reef-building organisms and environmental conditions within the system. Additionally, hobbyists may choose to use Coralline Accelerator in conjunction with other methods of calcium, strontium, magnesium, and carbonate supplementation as a means of diversifying their dosing routine. The rate at which calcium and carbonates are extracted from the water is determined by the stocking density of reef-building livestock, type of lighting, and other conditions; therefore, each aquarium will have different requirements for the rate of supplementation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We want you to be fully happy with your new macroalgae addition. Therefore we offer you a hassle free Satisfaction Guarantee.
If you are not 100% happy with the macroalgae you have received on arrival we will refund you the full money back. *1
We even will cover the return costs. The refund will be offered after we arrived and checked the returned marine algae.
*1 = Valid for UK Orders only, please see our Terms for EU orders HERE
PREMIUM QUALITY GUARANTEE
We offer for sale macroalgae from our mature macroalgae mother colonies in a premium quality & 100% healthy within the UK and EU.
All live algae species are sustainably grown in the UK.
All macroalgae will be well protected when posted to you to ensure that it will arrive in the best condition at yours.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We won't be beaten on the premium quality of our live algae cultures, and surely not on the price either!
Have you seen the same macroalgae somewhere else cheaper?
Please just send us a message HERE and we will check your request within 24 hours ( working days only ).
When we can match the other price we will send you a discounted offer which will be valid for the next 7 days after receiving our email.
This offer will be just valid for purchases using the same email address provided before.
The price match offer is only valid for identical, same size/amount and available macroalgae species.
As a proud UK based tax paying business, we don't price match any offers against auction sites or from private sellers.
The price match offer is just valid for UK deliveries. We reserve the right to refuse a price match request.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Your Livealgae UK