Brightwell Microvore is a macro diet for Anemones, LPS Corals & Planktivorous Motile invertebrates & Fishes. Fortified with free-form essential amino acids, vitamins important to immune system function, carotenoid-rich oils of marine origin (also rich in omega-3 HUFA), and natural feeding attractants to improve feeding responsiveness in fishes.
Brightwell Aquatics Macrovore 250ml / 500ml
- Suspension of North American marine crustacean roe with a size range of ~0.7 - 1.2 mm.
- Fortified with free-form essential amino acids, vitamins important to immune system function, carotenoid-rich oils of marine origin (also rich in omega-3 HUFA), and natural feeding attractants to improve feeding responsiveness in fishes.
- Rich in natural pigments that have been found to intensify overall coloration.
- Appropriate for feeding anemones, LPS corals, gorgonians, and solitary and colonial polyps, particularly at night when tentacles are extended to maximize chances of prey-capture.
- Readily consumed by planktivorous fishes.
- Shake Macrovore well prior to use.
- Turn protein skimmer and other forms of mechanical filtration off prior to adding Macrovore, and allow 10 - 15 minutes before resuming operation of filtration.
- Target Feeding (anemones and corals):
- First, dilute product with 50% aquarium water in a separate vessel.
- Target feeding may be carried out with a lengthy piece of rigid air tubing, plastic syringe, pipette, dropper, or similar device; suck a portion of Macrovore into the feeding device, then slowly discharge the contents of the device 2 - 4" upstream of the target organism(s).
- Repeat these steps as deemed necessary.
- Do not place items that have been exposed to aquarium water inside the original container; failure to do so will contaminate the product and encourage it to decompose. See 'Notes' below regarding maximum recommended feeding amount.
- Anemones may be fed whenever they appear to be fully-inflated; feeding anemones small amounts on a daily, rather than weekly, basis replicates natural circumstances and promotes health. Most corals extend their tentacles at night, when the majority of coralivorous and zooplanktivorous fishes are asleep and the abundance of zooplankton in the water column passing over and through the reef is at its greatest. Therefore, the most sensible time to feed Macrovore to corals is after the main lights in the aquarium have been off (preferably for at least one- to two-hours).CoralAmino or Restor may be dosed 5 - 10 minutes before feeding to elicit a feeding response and improve the rate of prey capture.
- Broadcast Dispersal (primarily for feeding fishes):
- Feed as desired/required to meet the nutritional needs of fishes and motile invertebrates housed in the system.
- A sensible starting point is with up to 2.5 ml per 189 L of water in the entire aquarium system every other day for the first four weeks of use; thereafter, the dosage may be gradually increased if desired.
- Notes: Macrovore should be considered a type of food; overfeeding may lead to deterioration of water quality through a build-up of nutrients. Beginning with a low dosage and gradually increasing it with time will allow the biological filtration in the aquarium to gradually adjust and helps avoid the aforementioned issue.
A large percentage of ornamental reef organisms prey extensively upon zooplankton visible to the unaided human eye, and also consume particulate organic material (e.g. "parts") remaining from organisms that have not been wholly consumed by their predators. Rather than rely solely upon pellets and/or flake foods to address these requirements in captivity, the use of natural prey organisms and their parts simplifies the transition into captivity and is an appropriate part of a successful feeding program.
Brightwell Aquatics Macrovore addresses feeding requirements of motile and sessile organisms that prey upon relatively-large plankton and suspended particulate organic material. The nutritional profile of the specific roe utilized promotes long-term health, growth, and improved (e.g. intensified) coloration in consumers. Macrovore presents an appropriate range of particle sizes for feeding many species of seahorses, and encourages planktivorous species that are often difficult to acclimate to captivity to begin feeding. The nutritional impact of the roe and marine oils utilized helps decrease overall feeding requirements by delivering greater nutrition per unit dry mass, helping decrease the overall impact of feeding on aquarium water quality.
Macrovore does not require refrigeration, however storage in a cool, shaded area will prolong the activity of the vitamins. Refrigeration will maximize the shelf-life of Macrōvore.
Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption
Moisture (max) 68.5%, protein (min) 23%, lipid (min) 3.5%, fiber (min) 1.3%, ash (max) 4%.
Purified water, marine crustacean roe, proprietary marine oils, ascorbic acid, free-form amino and fatty acids.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We want you to be fully happy with your new macroalgae addition. Therefore we offer you a hassle free Satisfaction Guarantee.
If you are not 100% happy with the macroalgae you have received on arrival we will refund you the full money back. *1
We even will cover the return costs. The refund will be offered after we arrived and checked the returned marine algae.
*1 = Valid for UK Orders only, please see our Terms for EU orders HERE
PREMIUM QUALITY GUARANTEE
We offer for sale macroalgae from our mature macroalgae mother colonies in a premium quality & 100% healthy within the UK and EU.
All live algae species are sustainably grown in the UK.
All macroalgae will be well protected when posted to you to ensure that it will arrive in the best condition at yours.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We won't be beaten on the premium quality of our live algae cultures, and surely not on the price either!
Have you seen the same macroalgae somewhere else cheaper?
Please just send us a message HERE and we will check your request within 24 hours ( working days only ).
When we can match the other price we will send you a discounted offer which will be valid for the next 7 days after receiving our email.
This offer will be just valid for purchases using the same email address provided before.
The price match offer is only valid for identical, same size/amount and available macroalgae species.
As a proud UK based tax paying business, we don't price match any offers against auction sites or from private sellers.
The price match offer is just valid for UK deliveries. We reserve the right to refuse a price match request.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Your Livealgae UK