Brightwell Aquatics Reef Code B is a balanced carbonate-bearing component of a two-part method for dosing calcium and carbonates (the substances largely responsible for increasing alkalinity (”buffering capacity”)) in the same ratio as that found in natural seawater.
Ionically-balanced with respect to natural seawater concentrations of calcium and carbonates when used in equal amounts with Reef Code A.
Benefits reef-building organisms such as corals, clams, calcareous macro algae, etc.
BRIGHTWELL Reef Code B - Liquid Calcium Marine Aquarium Supplement 250ml / 500ml
- Simplifies calcium and alkalinity maintenance.
- Stronger than most competing products.
- Contains no phosphate, silicate, or organic material.
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
- Shake product well before using. Add 5 ml (1 capful) of product per 94.6 L of aquarium water every other day or as needed to maintain the alkalinity within a range of 7 - 12 dKH.
- When used in this fashion, 250 ml treats up to 4,732 L.
- When used in equal amounts with Reef Code A, the calcium and carbonates being added are in the same ratio found in natural seawater.
- Do not mix products in the same container; this will cause the active components to precipitate and become ineffective.
- Allow 60 seconds to pass between dosing with Reef Code A and B.
- Determine the alkalinity in the aquarium using an accurate test kit before supplementing.
- Shake this product well before each use.
- Each ml of Brightwell Aquatics Reef Code B will increase the alkalinity in 3.785 L of water by approximately 2.22 dKH (0.79 meq/L).
- If the initial alkalinity in the aquarium is below 7 dKH (2.5 meq/L), add this product at the maximum rate of 5 ml per 37.9 L daily until the desired alkalinity is attained, then dose daily or weekly as needed (see below).
- Note that each aquarium has different requirements for calcium and carbonates (which largely constitute Alkalinity or Buffering Capacity, hence pH-stability); therefore, it is not uncommon for unequal amounts of Reef Cōode A and B to be required for obtaining and maintaining the desired calcium concentration and alkalinity.
- To determine the daily dosing rate for alkalinity maintenance: estimate the volume of water in the entire aquarium system; divide the daily decrease in alkalinity by 2.22 (when measuring alkalinity by dKH; divide by 0.79 when measuring by meq/L); multiply this number by the volume of water in the system to get the daily dosage required (ml) to maintain a stable alkalinity.
This method of calcium and carbonate supplementation is advantageous to hobbyists interested in a simple and effective solution to providing the very elements and molecules required for growth of reef-building organisms such as corals, clams, and their allies. Corals and other reef-building organisms require adequate and stable available calcium and alkalinity if they are to thrive, regardless of how perfect the remainder of their environment is. Under most conditions, the mineral that is secreted as skeletal material is known as Aragonite, composed mostly of carbonate and calcium by weight. Reef-building organisms must extract these substances from the surrounding water in order to secrete new skeletal material for growth. By maintaining the same ratio of calcium ions and carbonates in an aquarium as that found in natural seawater, these organisms have the necessary building blocks available in the proper proportions, even if the hobbyist chooses to maintain higher concentrations of these substances.
For maximum effectiveness of the Reef Code method, the magnesium concentration in reef aquaria should be adjusted to, and maintained between, 1,290 - 1,320 ppm before using these products (alone or together) or any other calcium and alkalinity products. Doing so helps prevent unwanted precipitation between calcium and carbonate ions. Additional information on this subject is available on our website and on the label for Brightwell Aquatics Magnesion.
The rate at which calcium and carbonates are extracted from the water is determined by the stocking density of reef-building livestock, type of lighting, and other conditions; therefore, each aquarium will have different requirements for the rate of supplementation. Once the rate of alkalinity depletion in the aquarium has been determined, the proper dosing rate of this product can be easily calculated.
Contains carbonate and bicarbonate salts; harmful if swallowed. If swallowed: give water, get medical attention. May cause eye or skin irritation. If in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes, get medical attention. If on skin, wash thoroughly with water. Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Alkalinity or Buffering Capacity (min) 8,400 dKH (3,000 meq/L)
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We want you to be fully happy with your new macroalgae addition. Therefore we offer you a hassle free Satisfaction Guarantee.
If you are not 100% happy with the macroalgae you have received on arrival we will refund you the full money back. *1
We even will cover the return costs. The refund will be offered after we arrived and checked the returned marine algae.
*1 = Valid for UK Orders only, please see our Terms for EU orders HERE
PREMIUM QUALITY GUARANTEE
We offer for sale macroalgae from our mature macroalgae mother colonies in a premium quality & 100% healthy within the UK and EU.
All live algae species are sustainably grown in the UK.
All macroalgae will be well protected when posted to you to ensure that it will arrive in the best condition at yours.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We won't be beaten on the premium quality of our live algae cultures, and surely not on the price either!
Have you seen the same macroalgae somewhere else cheaper?
Please just send us a message HERE and we will check your request within 24 hours ( working days only ).
When we can match the other price we will send you a discounted offer which will be valid for the next 7 days after receiving our email.
This offer will be just valid for purchases using the same email address provided before.
The price match offer is only valid for identical, same size/amount and available macroalgae species.
As a proud UK based tax paying business, we don't price match any offers against auction sites or from private sellers.
The price match offer is just valid for UK deliveries. We reserve the right to refuse a price match request.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Your Livealgae UK