Brightwell Aquatics Potassion - Highly concentrated liquid potassium supplement for the planted marine aquarium, which provides one of the most important nutrients for healthy macroalgae growth. Potassium is an important component of aragonite, the mineral secreted as skeletal material by corals and other reef-building marine organisms.
BRIGHTWELL Potassion - Liquid Potassium Supplement 250ml / 500ml
- Highly-concentrated ionic potassium solution.
- Provides potassium, an important component of aragonite (the mineral secreted as skeletal material by corals and other reef-building marine organisms), complexed into pigments that enhance blue coloration of some small-polyp stony corals, important to proper neurological function, and depleted in marine aquaria by livestock.
- 80,000 ppm K; considerably stronger and more economical than competing potassium products.
- May be used to combat potassium depletion that often accompanies the use of zeolite-based filtration methods employed to maintain ultra-low-nutrient aquaria.
- Free of phosphate, silicate, and organic material.
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
- Basic: Shake product well before using.
- Add 5 ml (1 capful) of product per 189 L of aquarium water every other day or as needed to maintain the potassium concentration within a range of 390 - 410 ppm. When used in this fashion, 250 ml treats up to 9.464 L.
- Advanced: Shake product well before using.
- Determine the potassium concentration in the aquarium using an accurate test kit before supplementing.
- Each ml of Potassion will increase the concentration of potassium (“[K+]”) in 3.785 L of water by approximately 21 ppm.
- If the initial [K+] in the aquarium is below 390 ppm, add this product at the maximum rate of 10 ml per 75 L daily until the potassium concentration measures between 390 - 410 ppm, then dose daily or weekly as needed (see below).
- Always try to maintain the [K+] within a range of +/-10 ppm. To determine the dosing rate of this product once the desired [K+] has been acquired, measure the daily rate of potassium uptake (i.e. the decrease in potassium) in your aquarium by measuring the [K+] at the same time each day over a one- to two-week period.
- To determine the daily dosing rate (preferable to weekly dosing) for potassium maintenance: estimate the volume of water in the entire aquarium system; divide the daily decrease in [K+] by 21; multiply this number by the volume of water in the system to get the daily dosage required (ml) to maintain a stable [K+].
- Daily dosing maintains a more stable [K+] (and more natural environment) than dosing weekly, in which the [K+] spikes just after dosing and then gradually decreases throughout the course of the week.
In natural seawater, potassium is a non-conservative major element with a concentration slightly lower than that of calcium (~399 ppm vs. ~413 ppm, respectively). It is a component of aragonite, and regular dosing has, within the past several years, been implicated in improving the blue coloration of numerous varieties of small-polyp stony corals; the benefits of potassium supplementation are potentially two-fold, then: provision of an element that is 1.) incorporated into the skeletal material of corals and other reef-building organisms for purposes of growth, and 2.) incorporated into pigments that (presumably in the presence of adequate ionic iron) enhance blue coloration of small-polyp stony corals. The importance of potassium to marine organisms is most apparent when beginning to dose it in aquaria with depleted potassium concentrations and/or in which the sea salt mixture used is potassium-deficient; in such cases, changes in the appearance of many corals may be observed within the first weeks of regular dosing.
Maintaining potassium within a range of 390 - 410 ppm is sufficient for long-term health, growth, and coloration of corals when all other physical and chemical requirements are met. The rate at which potassium is extracted from the water is determined by the stocking density of potassium-depleting livestock, characteristics of lighting and method(s) of filtration employed, and other biological, physical, and chemical conditions; therefore, each aquarium will have different requirements for the rate of potassium supplementation. Once the rate of potassium uptake in the aquarium has been determined (see opposite), the proper dosing rate of this product can be easily calculated.
Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Potassium (min) 2,366 mg/oz. (80,000 ppm)
Purified water, Potassium sulfate, Potassium chloride.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We want you to be fully happy with your new macroalgae addition. Therefore we offer you a hassle free Satisfaction Guarantee.
If you are not 100% happy with the macroalgae you have received on arrival we will refund you the full money back. *1
We even will cover the return costs. The refund will be offered after we arrived and checked the returned marine algae.
*1 = Valid for UK Orders only, please see our Terms for EU orders HERE
PREMIUM QUALITY GUARANTEE
We offer for sale macroalgae from our mature macroalgae mother colonies in a premium quality & 100% healthy within the UK and EU.
All live algae species are sustainably grown in the UK.
All macroalgae will be well protected when posted to you to ensure that it will arrive in the best condition at yours.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We won't be beaten on the premium quality of our live algae cultures, and surely not on the price either!
Have you seen the same macroalgae somewhere else cheaper?
Please just send us a message HERE and we will check your request within 24 hours ( working days only ).
When we can match the other price we will send you a discounted offer which will be valid for the next 7 days after receiving our email.
This offer will be just valid for purchases using the same email address provided before.
The price match offer is only valid for identical, same size/amount and available macroalgae species.
As a proud UK based tax paying business, we don't price match any offers against auction sites or from private sellers.
The price match offer is just valid for UK deliveries. We reserve the right to refuse a price match request.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Your Livealgae UK