BRIGHTWELL Strontion - Liquid Strontium Supplement 250ml / 500ml
- Highly-concentrated ionic strontium solution.
- Incorporated by corals, clams, and other reef-building invertebrates into aragonite, the mineral that is secreted as skeletal material.
- Stronger than most competing strontium solutions.
- Contains no unwanted organic material such as EDTA, gluconate, or polyglyconate.
- Free of phosphate, silicate, and organic material.
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
- Basic: Shake product well before using.
- Add 5 ml (1 capful) of product per 75L of aquarium water every other day or as needed to maintain the strontium concentration within a range of 8 - 12 ppm.
- When used in this fashion, 250 ml treats up to 3,750 L.
- Advanced: Determine the strontium concentration in the aquarium using an accurate test kit before supplementing.
- Shake this product well before using.
- Each ml of Brightwell Aquatics Strontion will increase the concentration of strontium (“[Sr2+]”) in 3.785 L of water by 8 ppm.
- If the initial [Sr2+] in the aquarium is below 8 ppm, add this product at the maximum rate of 10 ml per 75 L daily until the desired concentration is attained, then dose daily or weekly as needed (see below).
- If not using a test kit, add 5 ml (1 tsp) of Strontion per 75 L of aquarium water in two-day intervals to maintain the [Sr2+] within the proper range. Always try to maintain the [Sr2+] within a range of +/-2 ppm.
- To determine the dosing rate of this product once the desired [Sr2+] has been acquired, measure the daily rate of strontium uptake (i.e. the decrease in strontium) in your aquarium by measuring the aquarium's [Sr2+] at the same time each day over a one- to two-week period.
- To determine the daily dosing rate (preferable to weekly dosing) for strontium maintenance: estimate the volume of water in the entire aquarium system; divide the daily decrease in [Sr2+] by 8; multiply this number by the volume of water in the system to get the daily dosage required (ml) to maintain a stable [Sr2+].
- Daily dosing maintains a more stable [Sr2+] (and more natural environment) than dosing weekly, in which the [Sr2+] spikes just after dosing and then gradually decreases throughout the course of the week.
Strontium is found in the bones of fish and, more importantly, in aragonite, the mineral secreted by reef-building marine invertebrates such as corals, clams, tube worms, and their respective allies. Overall, strontium accounts for between 0.75 - 1.00% of aragonite’s total mass, and findings suggest that strontium itself induces inorganic precipitation of other ions, creating abiogenic aragonite. Rapid growth rates of corals and other reef-building invertebrates witnessed when strontium is maintained at the natural seawater concentration of approximately 8 ppm suggest this element’s importance in the marine environment.
The rate at which strontium is extracted from the water is determined by the stocking density of reef-building livestock, type of lighting, and other biological, physical, and chemical conditions; therefore, each aquarium will have different requirements for the rate of strontium supplementation. Once the rate of strontium uptake in the aquarium has been determined, the proper dosing rate of this product can be easily calculated. It is recommended that a quality salt mix with the proper (not augmented) alkalinity and concentrations of major, minor, and trace elements be used to establish natural seawater parameters in the reef aquarium, providing a stable ionic foundation on which to build.
The basis of healthy, rapidly-growing reef-building invertebrates is simply providing proper physical and chemical conditions. Maintaining calcium, magnesium, and strontium at natural seawater concentrations and alkalinity between 7 - 12 dKH is the first step towards achieving this goal.
Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Strontium (min) 896 mg/oz. (30,280 ppm)
Purified water, Strontium chloride
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We want you to be fully happy with your new macroalgae addition. Therefore we offer you a hassle free Satisfaction Guarantee.
If you are not 100% happy with the macroalgae you have received on arrival we will refund you the full money back. *1
We even will cover the return costs. The refund will be offered after we arrived and checked the returned marine algae.
*1 = Valid for UK Orders only, please see our Terms for EU orders HERE
PREMIUM QUALITY GUARANTEE
We offer for sale macroalgae from our mature macroalgae mother colonies in a premium quality & 100% healthy within the UK and EU.
All live algae species are sustainably grown in the UK.
All macroalgae will be well protected when posted to you to ensure that it will arrive in the best condition at yours.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We won't be beaten on the premium quality of our live algae cultures, and surely not on the price either!
Have you seen the same macroalgae somewhere else cheaper?
Please just send us a message HERE and we will check your request within 24 hours ( working days only ).
When we can match the other price we will send you a discounted offer which will be valid for the next 7 days after receiving our email.
This offer will be just valid for purchases using the same email address provided before.
The price match offer is only valid for identical, same size/amount and available macroalgae species.
As a proud UK based tax paying business, we don't price match any offers against auction sites or from private sellers.
The price match offer is just valid for UK deliveries. We reserve the right to refuse a price match request.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Your Livealgae UK