Brightwell Aquatics Alkalin 8.3 is a highly-effective alkalinity (KH)-increasing (Buffer) solution which helps increasing pH stability in the marine aquarium by raising the alkalinity. Unlike single component KH products such as sodium carbonate, Alkalin 8.3 is a multi-component buffer that regulates pH and its use for a much more stable marine aquarium.
Brightwell Aquatics Alkalin 8.3 Liquid KH Buffer 250ml / 500ml
Brightwell Aquatics Alkalin8.3 is Highly-effective alkalinity(KH)-increasing (Buffer) solution.Highly-effective alkalinity(KH)-increasing which helps increasing pH stability in an aquarium by raising the alkalinity.
Helps increase pH stability in an aquarium by raising the alkalinity.
- Raises alkalinity, adjusts pH to 8.3
- Unlike single component KH products such as sodium carbonate, Alkalin 8.3 is a multi-component automatic buffer that regulates pH and its use makes for a much more stable aquarium. Eliminates pH and KH instability caused by poor salt mixes and ineffective buffering products. Highly-effective alkalinity(KH)-increasing (”buffer”) solution.
- Helps increase pH Stability in an aquarium by raising the alkalinity.
- Provides a source of carbonates, which make up the majority by weight of aragonite, the mineral secreted by reef-building organisms as skeletal material.
- Continued addition raises pH until 8.3 is reached, at which point the pH remains unchanged and the alkalinity alone increases.
- Over 50% stronger than most competing products.
- Free of phosphates, silicate, and organic material.
- Formulated by a marine scientist
Brightwell Aquatics Alkalin 8.3 Instructions
- Shake well before using
- Add Brightwell Alkalin 8.3 at the maximum rate of 5 ml (1 capful) per 113 liters daily until the desired alkalinity is attained
- Dose daily or weekly as needed (see below) to maintain alkalinity between 7 - 12 dKH
- 250 ml will treat up to 5.678 liters this way
- Determine the alkalinity in the marine aquarium using an accurate test kit before supplementing
- Each ml of Brightwell Aquatics Alkalin8.3 will increase the alkalinity in 3.8 liters of water by 3.1 dKH (1.1 meq/L).
- If the initial alkalinity in the aquarium is below 7 dKH (2.5 meq/L), add this product at the maximum rate of 5 ml per 38 liters daily until the desired alkalinity is attained, then dose daily or weekly as needed
- For minor adjustments to alkalinity, add 5 ml (1 tsp) of Alkalin8.3 per liters of aquarium water as needed to maintain the alkalinity within the proper range
- Always try to maintain the alkalinity within a range of +/-1 dKH
- To determine the rate of alkalinity depletion once the desired alkalinity has been acquired, measure the alkalinity at the same time each day over a one- to two-week period.
- To determine the daily dosing rate (preferable to weekly dosing) for alkalinity maintenance: estimate the volume of water in the entire aquarium system; divide the daily decrease in alkalinity by 3.1 (when measuring alkalinity by dKH; divide by 1.1 when measuring by meq/L); multiply this number by the volume of water in the system to get the daily dosage required (ml) to maintain a stable alkalinity.
- Daily dosing maintains a more stable alkalinity and pH (and a more natural environment) than dosing weekly, in which the alkalinity spikes just after dosing and then gradually decreases throughout the course of the week.
Alkalinity, also referred to as carbonate hardness or buffering capacity, is essentially a means of quantifying the stability of pH in a solution, such as aquarium water. Alkalinity is of extreme importance in a marine aquarium, owing to the manner in which it influences pH. In an aquarium, weak acids formed by oxygen respiration and the decomposition of organic material gradually deplete alkalinity. If left unchecked, the alkalinity drops below a critical level and pH begins to fluctuate more wildly than is normally suggested (a daily pH shift of +/-0.2 is normal in marine aquaria), causing stress to livestock. Alkalinity is also depleted by reef-building organisms during the production of aragonite (~60% carbonates by weight), and is therefore very important for their rapid growth.
Maintaining the alkalinity in marine aquaria between 7.5 - 9.5 dKH (2.7 - 3.4 meq/L) will generally maintain pH within the desired range. The rate at which alkalinity is depleted in a reef aquarium is determined by the stocking density of reef-building livestock, type of lighting, rate of water circulation, and other biological, physical, and chemical conditions; therefore, each aquarium will have different requirements for the rate of alkalinity supplementation. Once the rate of alkalinity depletion in the aquarium has been determined, the proper dosing rate of this product can be easily calculated. It is recommended that a quality salt mix with the proper (not augmented) alkalinity and concentrations of major, minor, and trace elements be used to establish natural seawater parameters in the reef aquarium, providing a stable ionic foundation on which to build. For additional information on alkalinity and other important aspects of marine chemistry for marine aquaria.
All Brightwell Aquatics liquid water care supplements are made with purified water and high purity materials. We develop formulae for aquaria based on empirical data, using observation and measurement rather than theory.
Problem pH Aquariums
Aquaria with low circulation at the water’s surface, or in which a CO2-injected calcium reactor is being employed, or which are placed in an enclosed room with human and animal inhabitants (giving off CO2 into the air), often have a depressed pH due to carbon dioxide build up. Boost pH+ will overcome this and bring pH in the aquarium back into a higher desired range without raising alkalinity to an unacceptable level. Use Boost pH+ as directed and do not exceed a pH value of 8.5, because pH at 8.6 or higher may be stressful and/or damaging to sensitive aquarium inhabitants.
Additionally, changes to pH should be made very gradually, again to avoid stressing aquarium inhabitants. See suggestions for adjusting alkalinity below. It is not unusual for pH to fluctuate throughout the course of 24-hours between seemingly wide-ranging values (i.e. lower at night higher during the middle of the day); this is a natural occurrence that is caused by changes in the rates of photosynthesis between dark and light periods. If pH levels are seen to be constantly below the desired level and alkalinity is within the proper range, then the addition of Boost pH+, this product, may be very helpful.
Contains carbonate and bicarbonate salts; harmful if swallowed. If swallowed: give water, get medical attention. May cause eye or skin irritation. If in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes, get medical attention. If on skin, wash thoroughly with water. Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We want you to be fully happy with your new macroalgae addition. Therefore we offer you a hassle free Satisfaction Guarantee.
If you are not 100% happy with the macroalgae you have received on arrival we will refund you the full money back. *1
We even will cover the return costs. The refund will be offered after we arrived and checked the returned marine algae.
*1 = Valid for UK Orders only, please see our Terms for EU orders HERE
PREMIUM QUALITY GUARANTEE
We offer for sale macroalgae from our mature macroalgae mother colonies in a premium quality & 100% healthy within the UK and EU.
All live algae species are sustainably grown in the UK.
All macroalgae will be well protected when posted to you to ensure that it will arrive in the best condition at yours.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We won't be beaten on the premium quality of our live algae cultures, and surely not on the price either!
Have you seen the same macroalgae somewhere else cheaper?
Please just send us a message HERE and we will check your request within 24 hours ( working days only ).
When we can match the other price we will send you a discounted offer which will be valid for the next 7 days after receiving our email.
This offer will be just valid for purchases using the same email address provided before.
The price match offer is only valid for identical, same size/amount and available macroalgae species.
As a proud UK based tax paying business, we don't price match any offers against auction sites or from private sellers.
The price match offer is just valid for UK deliveries. We reserve the right to refuse a price match request.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Your Livealgae UK